Monday, February 6, 2012

Pin Project

Since being in a term of service with AmeriCorps I've been looking for something else to take up the time of my day.  I'm used to doing so much all day long that I've found that I most evening free.  I've found this a perfect opportunity to network and get myself out into a artistic side of Lansing/East Lansing.

Last week I designed and painted themed bowling pins to be given away as prizes.  I've called it the Pin Project.  The theme for the bowling event was 80s.  Six pins were donated.  These fun prizes were a great addition and added excitement for the teams participating.  Pictures to follow!

Back at the Ranch:
I've been looking to do design projects on the side to improve my portfolio.  So far I have one client who's having me design his business cards for his DJ business.  On the account of the kind of music he produces I'm looking to do some wild ideas and experiment with textures/printing on those surface.

This link has examples of the box I'm trying to break out of.
http://www.crazyleafdesign.com/blog/35-cool-and-inspirational-business-card-designs/

As for music I've been on a steady IV drip of groovy blues, mellow electronic, and this amazing artist called Gotye.  Just working on loosing up my hands to start drawing, sketching, and feeling what it's like to create again.  Getting my ears listening to tunes should help the juices flow.  Hopefully it'll get me in the mood to start creating a cartoon a week.

Coming Soon: cartoons!
A.Cruickshank

No comments:

Post a Comment